Last Updated on September 7, 2022 by Emma Taylor
Broccoli Salad is a quick summer recipe. Salads are perfect for summer as they are healthy, fresh and delicious at the same time. Broccoli salad is refreshing and colorful. The combination of broccoli, bacon, dried cranberries and a creamy dressing is spot on.
Broccoli salad is a side dish and would be perfect with BBQ’s. This delightful salad would be loved equally by you and your kids.
Broccoli Salad can be made in advance and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it, which makes it so much easier to get everything together! Without further ado, let’s have a look at this easy recipe.
Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- 8 cups of Broccoli
- 1/3 cup of Red onions
- ½ cup of Dried cranberries
- ¼ cup of Sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of Bacon bits
- 3 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
This salad merely takes 5 minutes to make.
How to Make Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad is doubtless one of the easiest salads you will throw together, which is why it has become a favorite summer salad.
- First and foremost, make dressing for the salad by whisking together apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and set it aside.
- Next, wash and cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces and drain well.
- Combine broccoli, cranberries, sun flower seeds, onions and bacon bits in a large bowl. Pour the dressing made in step 1 into the mixture and combine well.
- Refrigerate the salad for about an hour before serving. This will let the vegetables soak in the flavor of the dressing for an even more pleasant experience.
Tip to make awesome Broccoli Salad
When adding the dressing into the vegetables, bacon bits and sunflower seeds could clump up together. So, it is important that you toss the salad really well.
Related: No Bake Cookies to try this summer
Broccoli Salad Nutrition Information
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
[/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][table id=11/] [/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]